Sunday, January 6, 2008

Purpose Revealed......



Hello Destiny! I wasn't sure if I would recognize you when I finally met you. But now that we are here face to face I realize that you have always been with me. You were there all the time. I recognize the whisper of your breath on my neck. You were there all the time. I felt you following me but I didn't know who it was. You never revealed yourself.......until now. All those times when I woke up in the middle of the night sensing that someone else was in the room, it was you. At times I would veer to the left and you would steer me to the right. That nagging thing in my gut that told me to keep moving forward just a few more steps. It was you! Thank you for being with me all this time. Thank you for being mine. You and I are one. We walk in unison. I am you and you are me. Purpose revealed.


Erika McKay is someone who had to become one with her destiny. She iS now an international motivational speaker and corporate trainer. She met her destiny in an emergency room. Here is a little of our interview:


Felicia: Who is Erika McKay? Who is the woman behind the voice?


Erika: .....I really care about who people are and where they want to be and to help them reach their destiny.


Felicia: Have you identified your true purpose?


Erika: For many years I struggled with that. For a long time I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life. I didn't feel fulfilled. I didn't feel like I was doing what I was supposed to be doing with my life. I had to do a lot of soul searching. I finally realized that I was born to speak and encourage others.


Felicia: Were your struggles external or internal? Walk us through that process.


Erika: It was primarily internal but a little external as well. Because I did not have a dream, I latched on to my parent's dream. They wanted me to become a doctor so I had to make a decision. The decision I made was to become a motivational speaker.


Felicia: What was the turning point for you that said "this is it!"


Erika: I was ignoring the signs and going through the process of becoming a doctor. Even after I almost blew up the lab. But I was still determined to become a doctor. And then I attended an internship that was life changing. One night I ended up in the emergency room.......


Click below to hear the rest of Erika's interview as she talks about witnessing life and death situations and how she was in awe of how lives were being saved. Erika met her destiny in the emergency room and now she is saving lives as well. Just in a different way. She is definitely doing more than giving LipService!




Contact Erika at http://www.erikamckay.com/

No comments: